Asphalt is an investment that can last for decades with routinely serviced preventative maintenance. The costs of maintenance and repairs are pennies on the dollar when compared to new asphalt replacement. Without proper protection, the life expectancy of asphalt will drastically shorten as a result of numerous variables.
FACTORS INFLUENCING LONGEVITY
- Sun oxidation breaking down binding elements
- Ground shifting during freezing & thawing seasons
- Amount of traffic
- Salt & sand
- Gas and oil spills
- Heavy vehicles or property parked in high heat
- Turning tires in parked position & high traffic areas
- Snow & ice removal equipment damage
- Water penetration shifting supporting base layer
BENEFITS OF SEALCOATING
- 1. It will save you money. Sealcoating can double or even triple the life of your asphalt
- 2. Provides a barrier to salts, chemicals and petroleum products that break down asphalt
- 3. It acts as a waterproof and seals out moisture that can erode the base beneath the asphalt
- 4. Improves crack resistance – keeps asphalt flexible so it doesn’t crack or break
- 5. Handsome, black finish increases property value (proven fact)
- 6. Cures quickly for less interruption of traffic or business flow
- 7. Faster cleanup – well maintained pavement is easier to keep clean
- 8. Blackened color hue melts snow and ice more rapidly
AMS EXCLUSIVE SEALER
Our PRO grade is a high performance mineral reinforced asphalt emulsion blended with polymers and special surfactants for superior adhesion, flexibility, and durability.
• Highly Durable – Applied at 48-52% solids, unlike conventional sealers that are applied at 40-43% solids
• Rubberized for added flexibility & adhesion
• Dries quickly
Unlike conventional sealers that require dilution of up to 50% with water, PRO’s unique formulation allows for application at full strength without dilution. PRO is job mixed with specially graded aggregate to produce a coating that is applied at 58-62% solids, compared to conventional sealers which are applied at approximately 40-43% solids.
Polymer Modified X-tream Squared is our most commonly used, commercial grade sealer and one of the best sealants in the pavement maintenance industry that includes a 3-year written warranty. PMX2 uses special polymers and surfactants with NANO cure technologies mixed with special aggregate for the utmost, superior protection.
PMX2 uses special slag aggregate that bonds with the sealer to ensure the highest solids and the best adhesion for superior results.
This AMS exclusive sealer is a uniquely formulated and modified, resin-base sealer applied with a prime coat by squeegee and a second coat sprayed application.
LIQUIDPAVE is our premier, heavy duty commercial grade sealer that is primarily used on roadways and heavy traffic areas. This sealant is blended with additional polymers and surfactants with NANO cure technologies mixed with a coarse aggregate and concentrated mix of diamond silica sand for maximum durability and performance.
LIQUIDPAVE uses a more robust slag aggregate that bonds with the sealer to ensure strong bonding and adhesion for superior results.
This AMS exclusive sealer is a uniquely formulated and modified, resin-base sealer applied with a two-coat squeegee application.